PROS AND CONS OF LIVING IN LANGLEY:
If you are a bit of a cowboy (or girl), but still enjoy the city bustle, Langley is the best of both worlds and it might be for you.
- Langley is about 45 min drive to Vancouver and can take well over an HOUR in traffic time. If you have to commute to work daily, you will be incorporating driving and traffic as part of your lifestyle. However, they do have the Langley Park and Ride , where you can park your car and take transit to work, I have heard that it is pretty convenient, I know many local residents actually prefer this option over driving.
- Langley is also not connected to the public Skytrain, which only leaves you with buses for traveling to Burnaby or Vancouver. There are plans proposed for an extension, but it will take 5- 10 years to complete.
- If you own your property, the property taxes are higher than Vancouver and other cities around it like Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey or Maple Ridge. But overall with cheaper housing options, cheaper daycare options and overall expenses, it might not have a large effect on your cashflow
Langley still doesn’t have any high rises, so for these of you who like the city like views, and sky scrappers, you will not get it here.
- Lower REAL ESTATE PRICES. Lots of new homes and all of them are very affordable. THE NEIGHBOURHOODS ARE EVOLVING. STREETS, COMMUNITIES, PARKS, AND SCHOOLS ARE NEW AND CLEAN on nice flat streets.
- WARMER AND BRIGHTER THEN THE REST OF VANCOUVER- I find that Langley is always sunnier and slightly warmer as well. Every time I am making my way to Langley from Burnaby or Coquitlam when it is cloudy, as soon as I get to Langley it is nice and sunny.
- Every amenity you could possibly need is just minutes away. Langley has all the shops and stores you need, and you will never need to drive to Vancouver. It also happens to have one of the highest amount of restaurants per capita .. there are a good amount of bars, nightlife, city parks, hiking, regional parks, Rich History at historic Fort Langley, great ranking schools, great sports programs, schools IB programs, New event center and everything you need just minutes away.
- Employment - Langley is a Central location in a region of nearly 3 million people, affordable real estate, and a great quality of life are some of the factors that attract businesses and residents to the Township of Langley. In fact, Langley is touted as one of BC’s top investment towns according to Western Investor magazine and the Real Estate Investment Network (REIN) community. With the regional population projected to double by 2040, the Township of Langley offers clear strategic advantages.
Post Your Comment: